If you’ve got missing teeth, you know how inconvenient it can be. Chewing, speaking, and even your diet suddenly become daily chores. Wouldn’t it be nice to have your teeth back again? Not only would life be easier, but you and your mouth would be much healthier.
But dental implants can be so expensive, and the procedure sounds painful. Maybe you’re not sure the implants are worth the cost and the effort. If these thoughts sound familiar, we have great news. Perry Family Dentistry offers an alternative to traditional implants!
An Intro to Dental Implants
When a patient is missing a tooth, there are many options for prosthetics—or ways to replace that missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. One of these is a dental implant.
Dental implants are a sturdy titanium screw that is inserted directly into the jaw bone. A crown, bridge, or set of dentures can then be snapped onto the implant(s), and be able to act just like a regular tooth or arch.
What Makes Mini Implants Appealing?
Loose or missing permanent teeth are a common occurrence. That’s why Perry Family Dentistry does our best to provide a solution for everyone. Dental implants are a great option for those who are missing one or more teeth, but mini implants may work better than full-sized implants in certain situations.
What do mini implants offer that regular implants don’t? There are certainly a lot of similarities, but mini implants have some significant advantages that might be better suited to you and your dental needs.
- Price: Mini implants are much cheaper than their larger counterparts because they don’t need as much material or effort to make and insert.
- Size: Because they’re smaller, mini implants require a less extensive surgery. There will be almost no recovery time.
- Technique: Since mini implants are smaller, they are inserted right into the gums with no incision or bone grafting necessary.
- Support: Unlike regular implants, mini implants can be supported just fine by smaller jaws, or jaws that have seen some deterioration.
Regular dental implants will work just fine for some, but others may be unable to get these larger posts for a variety of reasons. If any of the following apply to you, mini dental implants might be the better option for you.
- Poor Oral Health: Our dentist will go over the oral health requirements before we decide on a procedure. Some patients’ oral health isn’t good enough to justify such a thorough procedure as regular dental implants.
- Busy Schedule: We’re all busy, but because the dental implant treatment process requires multiple return visits to complete all the steps, some patients are simply unable to keep up with their appointments.
- Weakened Jaw: Even with grafting technology, some people have gone without teeth for long enough that their jaw has shrunken down or weakened from lack of tooth support. Our dentist will determine whether or not your jaw can support regular full-size implants, or if mini implants would be better.
Choose Us for Your Mini Dental Implants
At Perry Family Dental, we are dedicated to providing quality dental care to your whole family. We understand that sometimes the dentist can be unsettling for children and adults alike, especially when receiving treatment like dental implants.
When you get your mini implants from us, we will walk you through every step of the process so you can be comfortable and confident in our care. You are our highest priority, followed closely by your dental health.
Get Your Mini Implants Today
Ready to finally have a full mouth of teeth again? We’re ready to help you get there. Call our office today to get started!