Are you missing several teeth? Do you find your traditional dentures difficult to use? Fixed implant dentures may be a good option for you.
We Offer Dental Implant Solutions for Your Oral Health Needs
Our goal is to assist our patients in finding the best possible solutions for their dental health needs. Good oral health can make you feel better physically as well as emotionally and mentally. A strong, beautiful smile can do wonders for your self-confidence.
What Are Fixed-Implant Dentures?
Many adults lose their teeth as they age, and even young adults or children occasionally experience accidents that can cause permanent tooth loss. Fortunately, we offer several solutions, including fixed-implant dentures.
Also known as implant-supported dentures, a fixed-implant denture is simply a dental appliance that replaces teeth by attaching dentures to permanent implants. Dental implants consist of small titanium posts that are placed in the jaw.
Benefits of Fixed Implant Dentures
Implant-supported dentures from our office offer several great benefits, including:
- Durability. Titanium and zirconium implant posts are both made from strong, durable material that can last a lifetime.
- Stability. The implant posts offer a secure attachment for your dentures. You won’t have to worry about slipping and sliding.
- Eat and Speak Comfortably. With the stability of implant-supported dentures, you won’t have to worry about losing your teeth while you eat, laugh, or speak.
- No Adhesives. You won’t have to worry about messy and unreliable adhesives with fixed-implant dentures.
- Easy to Clean. Clean your dentures the same way you would your other teeth. Brush and floss every day, and continue to see your dentist every six months.
- Smile With Confidence. All of our dentures are custom designed to give you a stunning, natural-looking smile.
- Permanent Teeth Replacement. Your new teeth are permanently placed to give you a full, beautiful smile again! You won’t need to worry about taking your dentures out for cleaning.
Dentures don’t have to be a hassle. Fixed implant dentures allow you to enjoy life without worrying about extra care and maintenance.
How Do I Know If I’m a Good Candidate for Fixed Implant Dentures?
Most patients can receive dental implants, but some may need to address certain needs before they get started. The best way to determine your specific needs is to start with a consultation visit.
Your First Consultation Appointment
During your first visit, our dentist will start with an exam. We will ask about your medical history, dental history, and other physical factors that may affect your health.
We may also perform one or more of the following:
- Digital x-rays.
- Full-mouth scans.
- Dental impressions.
- CT scans to identify bone structure.
When we have the information we need, we can assess the next steps in your fixed implant denture placement.
We will also check the bone density of your jaw. If your jaw lacks the proper bone density for dental implants, we can talk to you about bone grafting to strengthen your jawbone.
What Should I Know Before I Get Started?
We want you to have as much information about your treatment as possible. If your question isn’t addressed below, contact us!
Fixed implant dentures, along with all dental implants, may take time to fuse to the jawbone. You may need some healing time before you receive a permanent denture. In the meantime, we can provide a temporary denture to help you feel more comfortable.
Caring for Fixed Implant Dentures
Once you have your permanent dentures in place, proper care can make your dentures look beautiful and stay strong for a long time. We recommend the following:
- Rinse your mouth out before you brush. This removes small food particles and debris and prevents scratching.
- Use a toothbrush with soft or extra-soft bristles. You can also find toothpastes made specifically for dental work that are non-abrasive.
- Clean the other parts of your mouth, including your tongue, cheeks, and the roof of your mouth.
- Avoid activities that may damage your dentures, including rough contact sports. You may also want to avoid chewing on hard objects like ice, pencil tips, and hard candy.
Taking care of your dentures can keep them looking amazing! We can also give you more information when you come in for your consultation.
Ready for a New Look? Call Today to Ask About Fixed Implant Dentures!
Are you ready to rejuvenate your smile? Call us today to schedule an appointment or to ask any questions you have about fixed implant dentures. We’re excited to meet you!